Saturday, 5 January 2013

Spiced Burnt Caramel Ice Cream (first attempt)

Summer time let's have plenty of ice cream and a bit of fun churning your own at home!
My first attempt in making Spiced Burnt Caramel Ice Cream!!!
(Recipe adapted from Taste.com)

Overall self-rating:
 ✔ JUST PASSED ✔
Look: ♥♥♥♥♡  4/5
Taste: ♥♥♥♡♡  3/5
Texture: ♥♥♡ 2/5

One big part of my failure was due to the lack of deep taste from star anise and cinnamon.
The sweet caramel pretty much dominated the entire flavour.

I must say though, at first glance, it looks pretty impressive! 
But I need to work on the ice cream texture and try to keep it as creamy smooth as possible. 
Wait for me... I will be back with the second attempt ^^

11 comments:

  1. 看起来很好吃哦。
    不过,我没什么好雪糕。
    除非,很不开心时,我才回想起这甜品:-P
    第一次有这样的成绩真的真的很不错,下次再加油哦!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does look real good. I never attempted ice-cream, is it difficult?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bi Bi: Awww... thanks for the encouragement ^^

    Hi YT: It is quite difficult for me as a beginner because it is hard to control the temperature of the ingredients - at some stage my caramel just freezes in the bowl and I can't scoop it out until reheating it again. A lot of work but it is a great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Drooling!!!*
    堂姐,那个雪糕有隔一段时间就从冰箱拿出来搅拌是吗?还是用雪糕机做的呢?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 堂妹~ 那是雪糕机搅拌出来的~ 用手打也可以不过就比较花点时间咯~

    ReplyDelete
  6. 我从来没想过自己去下厨学这些东西啊
    看着你们,我都想告诉自己该去学学了!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the machine either over beat or underbeat, causing the water to separate from the cream. but that's just a hunch

    ReplyDelete
  8. 好厉害!!!!啪啪啪!!!
    真的很厉害!我有拿到冰淇淋的食谱,但是一直没有尝试。
    卖相根本就很好!!我要吃!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ailyn: probably over beating too... but I have to admit that I had only used 6 egg yolks instead of 8~

    Minaris & Shan: Thanks!!! I need more practice to perfect the recipe! ^o^

    ReplyDelete
  10. 焦糖雪糕的卖相也太赞了吧!!如果没有雪糕机的话,应该就拌不出这么有水准的雪糕吧?

    ReplyDelete
  11. eugein:没有雪糕机可能会比较麻烦⋯⋯ 我是偷懒啦~呵呵~

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message!