Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Bee My Valentine's

F.E.B.R.U.A.R.Y is here again... the most romantic month of the calendar year!

♥ HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY 

It was our engagement anniversary not long ago and I have been patiently waiting for Valentine's Day to come, so I can blog about our two romantic occasions all at once. 

Alex and I have been dating each other for 3.5 years now ^^
About 1.5 years into our relationship, one summer evening he mustered up the courage to propose to me. It was totally unexpected and I was thrilled to pieces! So the moment he slid the diamond ring onto my finger, with tears mixed with laughter, I nodded affectionately to his proposal...... 

This is the most important decision I have made for myself and I know I will have no remorse.

As the year swings by, I become more appreciative of his efforts to continue to surprise me with flowers and chocolates on many special days (not to mention, of course, all these lovely cards and fragrances he gave me on other random days). I think these have helped to keep our relationship alive. Thankfully.
I am perfectly content with my love life just the way it is - full of fun and surprises!
Our feelings for each other seem to grow stronger each day.

On the morning of our anniversary, the florist sent a surprise bouquet of flowers to my work place.
It was such a beautiful combination - pink roses, pink lilies and white orchids
They smell so great and they made me really proud in front of the colleagues.
The pinks on the roses were so rare and romantic. They just melt my heart...

On the same morning, I also ordered the charming balloons to surprise Alex. 
I think they looked really cute, don't you think? 
Although they were no where near as pretty as the flower bouquet but this is just my way of expressing my undying love for him. I hope he felt it ^^

The official celebration was not until the same weekend. 
Alex took me out to a sumptuous dinner at our favourite Japanese restaurant.
It was a relaxing evening and I think we both enjoyed the simple dinner together. 
And this is Mamma Mia in her cheong sam before heading off to their romantic dinner.


Followed on next was the Valentine's celebration!
This morning I woke up to the most endearing man I have.
And today he surprised me with zchocolates from France.

 
These chocolates were hand made by world champion chocolatier, Pascal Caffet.
In the chocolate pouch, there was an important message that I must remember... 

 
It happened to be my rostered day off today, so I had more time to spare to make a hearty dinner for two to celebrate the special evening. It took me virtually the whole afternoon just preparing the ingredients.
I was a bit nervous and constantly prayed that the dishes will turn out nicely this evening. 
And thanks goodness they did! I was relieved ^^

First course: Alex's favourite carrot soup!

 
 
Second course (main): Baked snapper wrapped in prosciutto

 
Dessert: Alex's favourite bread and butter pudding

I gave Alex a Valentine's card, on the card, I wrote to him: 
We have been through ups and downs, small and big thing together.
And it is these experiences that make our love stronger. 

They were what I felt at the time I was writing them.
Sweetheart, thank you for your love and patience... 

Happy Valentine's Sweetheart...

♥ I LOVE YOU 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, your dishes look so delicious! He's such a romantic guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS is so so so sweet!
    Your man are so romantic and this all like something walk outside from those Korea drama=) Mia,happy anniversary and valentine...the belated one ^^

    Stay sweet too (and i knew u both always sweet ^^)

    Hand make chocolate from world champion chocolatier...OMG!!
    i wish u can share with me about the taste!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message!