Antique Pâtisserie is my favourite tea room despite its limited space inside.
My impression about Antique was good on my first visit.
Its exterior reminded me a lot of Hansel and Gretel's gingerbread cottage - very much like a fairytale. But as I walk in, I was thrilled by its elegant French interior and the welcoming tower of macaroons. The place is small but cosy. Many ladies find this place an ideal spot to get away from the hustle and bustle of Central. However, unfortunately, camera was forbidden within.
Back then, Antique used to open to the publics.
Since the policy has changed in 2011, Antique now only caters exclusively to its members.
So in order to enjoy your time inside, you need to sign up for the membership and book ahead.
I don't think I enjoy the tea very much but the cakes are really good!
I like the Strawberry Millie-Feuille slice. It was made from fresh strawberries and vanilla mousse filling, flanked between layers of pastry with a thin spread of chocolate on each end. It was very light and fluffy.
We also had some macaroons but the picture quality was too poor to show.
They were really good and came in many different flavours.
The Raspberry mousse cake was also one of the best selling cakes in Antique.
Smooth, delicate and not too sweet, I believe this is another piece of dessert that most ladies would like. And of course, there were plenty of other delicacies and desserts in the tea room too!
I just wish I could stay in Hong Kong longer to enjoy each and every one of them ^_^
There was only one lady assistant managing the entire tea room.
She has been there for at least 2 years now and I always enjoy her service.
The ambience in the tea room was very soothing.
Harp music was played at the background at all time.
Antique has a cute website: http://www.antiquepatisserie.com/
It is located at an odd spot in Central.
It can be difficult to find if you are not familiar with Central.
Please refer to the address below:
THE TEA ROOM by Antique Pâtisserie
G/F Shop C
2 Mee Lun Street
Central, Hong Kong
Phone: (852) 2542 2816

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message!