Tuesday, 24 January 2012

In the spirit of CNY

Welcome the year of the dragon! I wish you all 恭喜发财 and 心想事成.

Now... Let me present you the first dish we had on the first day of CNY.
Broiled asparagus with shallots, goat cheese and smoked paprika (a dish prepared by Alex).
This is a green dish which symbolises fortune (think greenbacks) and growth.

This year I lament that I wasn't able to return home for the family reunion dinner. AGAIN!
CNY celebration has been an intimate family affair and without them it seems insipid and incomplete.
When I answered mum's call on the eve of the lunar year, there were so much noises at the background, she can barely hear what I was talking. I then got passed on to speak to my dad, my elder brother, my younger brother and one after another until everyone finally became tired of the "har?" and "pardon?"   (over the busy phone line), then we decided to end the conversation.

Nevertheless, we thankfully celebrated our CNY with my future in-laws in the "kwai lo" style, devoid of the spark of firecrackers and the shuffling sound of mahjong. Although it wasn't a traditional celebration, we had a wonderful time barbecuing at the backyard together. ^__^
Our mum and dad offered blessing to us on red packets, 红包.

This morning I walked to my letter box and was surprised to find a CNY card from my uni friend, Ailyn! 
I thought it was from my mum initially but as soon as I lay my eyes on the pretty Australian stamps, I knew it was from you immediately! The card is really beautiful and I am going to display it on my shelf right away. Thank you so so much for remembering us and 恭喜发财 to you and Ben too!

My one and only CNY card for this year... how lonely *sob*

When CNY came around, I felt the need to make another set of wishes for this year. 

1. Alex to be happy.
2. Family to be happy.
3. Friends to be happy.
4. Colleagues to be happy.
5. Acquaintances to be happy.

I am the weakest creature on the planet. I cannot handle rude, grumpy and stressful people.
Hence I wish everyone around me to stay strong, safe, healthy and happy always ^__^

新年快乐!万事如意!

Please excuse my messy face. I just woke up not long ago.

= Happy Chinese New Year =

3 comments:

  1. lol glad to hear it arrived safely! yeah the stamps are pretty this year. But I like last year's collection even more.
    My CNY was spent lazing around at home, my day off.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily cousin: Happy New Year!
    Ailyn: True? I didn't even think about collecting CNY stamps, how silly am I? My CNY was pretty cruisy as well...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message!