Saturday, 10 December 2011

Dinner Tonight: 6.12.2011

Once in a while it is good to have a home made pizza. Well at least I know it would be much healthier and cheaper to make it yourself at home. Since we love making it our own, we have long ditched the habit of ordering pizza online from Domino. The good thing about making your own pizza is that you have the control of what ingredient goes in it and you can also achieve the taste you seek in a pizza. For instance, I like mine really hot and spicy so I usually sprinkle heaps of chilli powder and pepper on it. Mind you, my salami is firing hot too!

There is another thing about avocado I would like to talk about. I know many Asians don't like avocado. So was I when we were young because mum has never introduced it in our diet. Now that I have discovered the technique to prepare several different avocado dishes, I am loving it more and more each time I eat it.

In this dish, I had the avacado flesh removed and tossed on low heat with extra light margarine, chopped garlic, pepper and chopped anchovies. Then I prepared bun or toast for dipping. Yummm... The chargrilled eggplants is its accompaniment.

Of course the salads too. It is a must have at the dinner.
Tonight we had cucumber, onion and tomato salad tossed in truffle-infused balsamic.
Nice and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!