Monday, 26 December 2011

Celebrating Christmas: Christmas Day

Finally, Christmas day...
This morning I woke up feeling warm next to Alex.
We hardly find time to sleep in together so today feels a little special to us.

This morning Alex made us bacon and eggs for breakfast.
Then we went for an hour drive around the town before heading to the parents house for xmas lunch.
I regret for being in such a hurry and carelessly left the camera at home. Gee whiz!  Dad's cooking was so seriously good! For xmas lunch as usual, we had the large whole turkey, steamed snapper, butterfly prawns, roasted pumpkins and potatoes, broiled vegetables, fresh salads and the Xmas must-have, Mr Kipling mince fruit pies for dessert.

After lunch we headed back home to open our presents...! 

Mum and dad gave us two presents. One was chocolates, the other was KING-SIZED cashews.
This year xmas presents were mostly food and chocolates (they must know we love eating very much) which came at the wrong time because I was just planning to shed some pounds before the new year!

My boss Paul gave me a DKNY red delicious which I really, really like (the box under the chocolate).
I can add this to my collection now! ^_^

After ripping off half a dozen of chocolate gifts, finally here came our presents.
This xmas I got Alex two presents which I thought he would like: Giorgio Armani Skin Minerals for Men and Panasonic Nanocare Facial Steamer, but unfortunately with the latter powering at 100V, this Japanese appliance is not going to be compatible with our local voltage!!! (well... something new that I have learnt this time). So in the end, we decided to send it back to the vendor. 

Honestly, I was quite disappointed.
I was hoping that it would make a nice Xmas present for him. 
Well, it was obviously not. T__________T
I should be more careful buying things online next time. 

As you may already know, Alex gave me pearls jewellery in November as my xmas present (CLICK HERE). Just before the xmas, he got me a bigger surprise! 
Cuisinart ice-cream maker that I have been dreaming for! 
That would be really great for this scorching summer! Can't wait to try it...!

Also, our mini hamper for this year...!

Christmas is nearly coming to an end (it is about 11:40pm now).
I think I will miss Christmas very much...
Before the night calls off... once again,

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

See you again in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!