Friday, 4 November 2011

Sleeping next to me

It is 10:59pm now and everybody else is fast asleep except me...
Alex has been sleeping at the big house since my parents' arrival and for the entire week when he wasn't around, I felt a little... no... not a little, I felt very lonely indeed.

One morning he looked a little fatigue as I picked him up to work so I asked him "are you okay?"
And he said he missed me terribly. I tittered happily because I felt the same way...

Alex and I have been living under one roof for more than a year now...
He has a cutesy habit of rubbing baby lotion on my hands before bed...
The subtle baby aroma has a strong hypnotising effect and my sleep is always pleasant when I know he is not far away from me. I feel very secured when he is around and this feeling is very important to me.

I remember a long time ago when I stayed on my own, every time Alex left the place I felt the instant insecurity. As soon as he drove off the house, I slammed the bedroom door, shut the light, jumped onto my bed, had my head covered under the pillow and my body shivered underneath the duvet. In the mid of trying to fall asleep, suddenly I heard the door bell rang. It was about 12am midnight, twice the bell rang and I didn't bother to answer. I was too scared to even go near the door...

In the quiet, the dude's footsteps became more vivid walking on the front garden lawn. He came around the other side of the house, entered the patio and began to knock on my bedroom window. I was terrified and even on the verge of peeing in bed already! I didn't bother answering again but after several knocks on the window I thought to myself, "hmm... could it be the neighbour trying to warn me about something hazardous... like fire or theft? Maybe I should just find out?"

So I tiptoed to the window, flipped the blinds and was shocked to find the silhouette behind the window was Alex! He was so cute in his pyjamas! At that instant I felt so relieved that it was actually him standing out there...! He came to bring me some vitamin C because I was complaining about mouth ulcer just before he left. He is such a kind person... he really is... and he looks after me very well too. 

Recently he bought me a Daikin air purifier (top model too!) because I was whinging about the dust at home. It is such a cool machine it detects dust and foul smell in the living room automatically and it comes with many filters to keep the air clean and healthy for me and the parents... How thoughtful he is? Thinking about Alex always make me smile... I really miss him and hope to see him soon.

It is 11:51pm now... I think I have killed enough time and should be sleeping soon.
Oyasumi nasai...!

1 comment:

Leave me a message!