Friday, 18 January 2013

A great book and A sick day

Sometime last week I had a bad cold which rendered me a day off sick from work.
This is the first time I had an unplanned sick day in the last four years of my service period.


There wasn't much I can do at home apart from reading books. If you have heard of or seen the movie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, here I was reading another book written by the same author called, Boy - Tales of Childhood. This is a book about the author's childhood recollections, centring around schooling in Britain in the early 20th century.

I am sure the quality of British education wouldn't be much different these days apart from the flogging system which has been abolished some forty-fifty years ago. In my country, many parents still fight hard to send their children to British school because of its higher education standards. As the author's late father had once said, there was some kind of magic about English schooling, and that the education it provided had caused the inhabitants of a small island to become a great nation and a great Empire.

So there I thought to myself - gosh! what he said was very true! Alex is the best living evidence of its (British education) success!

If only I could make one turning point in my life, instead of coming to Australia I promise you I will never turn down the offer to study in England . . .
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.  .  .  but only if Alex and I still end up together!

2 comments:

  1. 呵呵,人生有好多如果,我很庆幸自己最终还是去了英国
    之前我也有犹豫的,如果不是家人爱人都在这里
    我会努力在那边生活下去,努力拿签证了

    很爱很爱英国 -)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Min: I know~~~ I like UK too~~~

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message!