Sunday, 19 August 2012

The Way I See Love ♥

Sometimes we take things for granted when we have all the things we need in our lives. Because married couple have been living together for too long, we forgot the reason why we love. We forgot we owe each other more than just a home, food and clothing. We forgot that our time, attention and interests are important in maintaining a happy relationship. We forgot that our happiness only come to us through our working together as husband and wife. We forgot that at the end of our lifetime, we have only each other to stick by but not our money or our children.

We might be luckier than many singles seeking love out there. But we too have our uneasy moments like many couples do. And I always cry in silence when it happens. Usually on the next morning I write him a letter to express how I feel. And he usually reads his old text messages (from me) to remind himself of why we love. This is how our problem usually get resolved. In this society, we are seeing a rapid rise in divorce I begin to ponder why people bother making wedding vows when they can be forgotten after a few years? So it is true that recipe for love requires not just 2 hearts full of love, but also 2 heaping cups of kindness, 2 armfuls of gentleness, 2 minds full of forgiveness and a dash of faith and trust for each other. Remember home is one of the sweetest and fondest words enshrined in human affections. So we should all cherish our loves.

It is funny how I recall Alex used to tell me he liked me instead of he loved me.
I pretended nothing has happened until about a year into our relationship he started to say to me that he loves me. Hence I thought the words "I love you" must entail a significant meaning to him as he doesn't simply say it to anyone unless he is sure about his feeling. Believe me I have never felt a pinching pain in my heart because I only appreciate the three magical words to come naturally when he really meant it. So when he took so much effort to produce a diamond ring to propose to me, I knew I cannot doubt his sincerity anymore. I can't thank him more for making me the happiest woman in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Long time no come already. how are you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so.. when are you going to say your vows! the suspense !!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message!