The other day I was watching a British food programme.
River Cottage Everyday by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.
River Cottage Everyday by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.
After the programme, I was inspired to bake a cob loaf for our parents!
I have never succeeded in baking a loaf but I am up for the challenge to hand make one myself.
I was thinking about snapping picture for each step but it is just too hard for me to work my hands around the camera and the dough at the same time...
Making the dough wasn't hard but shaping it into a perfect round ball can be a bit tricky.
But it turned out looking really nice. I was surprised!
Crunchy on the outside. Soft on the inside.
If it sounds hollow on the inside when tapped, it means baking the loaf is done!
I prepared some strawberry jam but everyone liked it with orange marmalade!
River Cottage Everyday recipe makes dough making process as simple as a.b.c...
It feels good to hand make your own bread sometimes...
This is what I like about British TV presenter - short, simple and succinct!
He may not be the best looking chef in the world but he is certainly a good chef.
Recipe for cob loaf is as follows...
Enjoy baking ^^



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message!