Sunday, 1 January 2012

Heading into a Stonking New Year!

Another 3 hours before bidding farewell to 2011. My heart is pounding fast. 
This year has flown by too quickly I barely had enough time to accomplish my goals for this year! 

I know this year has been an agonising year for those succumbed to the devastated earthquake. Mother nature has been a little unforgiving this year. As I listened to many reports from all around the world, I think I should count my blessings and take this as a wake up call to live my life to the fullest. 
Remember life is precarious, we only live once, I will learn to embrace today!

This year, thankfully, is another great year with Alex again.
We have been through ups and downs, tears and happiness, all in one single year.
At least we are safe and sound, 2011 has been kind to us, gratefully.

Major highlights of 2011:

WORK! WORK! WORK!
I think I have made a serious breakthrough in the number of hours I worked in this past one year. 
Thankfully, as a well earned reward, I acquired a work promotion v(^_^)v

GOT ALEX AN ENGAGEMENT RING
Before proposing to me in Jan 2010, Alex put in a serious effort to tailor make me an exquisite 'hearts-and-arrow' diamond ring for engagement. A year later, I decided my caring fiance should deserve a symbol of our love too!

LUXURY ESCAPE TO HONG KONG
This marks the longest break we have had so far, spending three weeks in Hong Kong including 2 lavish nights at the Landmark Mandarin Oriental. We had a great time exploring many top restaurants, trying beauty facial and spa treatment, meeting new friends and enjoying the ultimate shopping experiences.

TRIP TO VISIT FAMILY IN MALAYSIA
Sadly to say, a short stay in Malaysia wasn't enough to see everyone back home but I was glad to know that my family members are all safe and sound and meanwhile also lucky enough to meet several family friends who are apparently some of the few wealthiest people in Malaysia. This was my first time meeting Alex's grandfather. He was also once upon a time a significant figure in developing the country's economy. 

MUM & DAD CAME FOR VISITING
Mum and dad stayed with me for two weeks. I was like a baby being pampered by two loving parents.
Can't be any luckier than this...!

PAID OFF MY BEETLE!
She is all mine now...!

PRESENTS! PRESENTS! PRESENTS!
More presents for me from Alex this year - Apple iMac, Daikin air purifier, Akoya pearls and ice cream maker! I am the happiest woman in the world ^__^

IMPROVED DIETS
More Japanese foods for us this year. More salmon and salads for dinner as well. We barely use oil in our cooking now! Exercise is something else we need to work on right now.

As old age is creeping up, in the new year, I resolve to:
- organise a wedding plan.
- travel around the world, meet new friends and gather new experiences.
- maintain a healthy weight at 45kg. 
- stay looking young and feeling fabulous.

I have got a feeling... that this year is going to be a good good year!

Tomorrow I will kickstart my first day with a healthy beginning.

D.E.T.O.X

I hope everyone has a brilliant year ahead!

1 comment:

Leave me a message!