Saturday, 15 October 2011

Deserted City of Canberra

Canberra is the capital city of Australia. It is a very quiet city designed for the politicians and bureaucrats certainly not for you and me who prefer the more vibrant atmosphere.
So deserted were the streets I could hear my own breath.
So creepy was the hotel suite room I wish I hadn't been upgraded. 
Throughout the night, I kept hearing my own echos and the unfamiliar squeaky noise from the next room. This place is definitely not for me.

The mall at 10am in the morning

View from my room at 12pm in the afternoon

I was searching for food on street at 5pm in the evening.

"Hello... anybody home?"

Most shops closed at 5pm. I walked for a good half an hour before I found a grungy Japanese takeaway. I knew I shouldn't have come here alone.

Nevertheless, I got to see Parliament house and witnessed the senate meeting.
Unfortunately camera is not allowed within.

The High Commission of Malaysia

And the High Commission of Papua New Guinea...

Thinking of visiting Canberra?
Seriously. Think again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message!