I bought some funky essence from Malaysia out of curiosity.
I chose two different pandan (screwpine) flavours because the lady in the supermarket couldn't tell me which one is better. I thought maybe I should give the two a go to find out myself.
Anyhow, two days later, I went back to the same supermarket and this time I bought the durian flavour instead...
Believe it or not, my suitcase was completely reeked of its tantalising aroma.
The smell was so intense that it actually sipped through the packaging, layers of tissues and a plastic bag before pervading my entire suitcase and the hotel room...
The smell was so intense that it actually sipped through the packaging, layers of tissues and a plastic bag before pervading my entire suitcase and the hotel room...
(we were lucky that the neighbours did not complain)
When I came back to Australia, I did my first experiment with the durian on my chiffon and the flavour turned out quite good (to my great surprise) without being too overpowering. I used a tiny little teaspoon for a 22cm chiffon pan but I could have used more for a more distinct flavour. I am happy with the result anyway.
Tonight as I am writing this, I enjoy a bowl of Cadbury light vanilla ice cream infused with durian flavour. I instilled a couple drops of durian essence onto 2 scoops of ice cream and it made a total transformation. I have long been tasting something good like this... seriously!
I think I enjoy it very much...
This Star brand that I have got is surely a recommendable one.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave me a message!